Friday, June 15, 2012

Denver Comic Con 2012

It's about time...

That's been the tagline on a lot of the publications put out by the organizers of Denver ComicCon 2012, the Queen City's inaugural "official" Comic Convention. And I agree.  It IS about time.

Since I heard about this con after my curiosity with the Comic Book Classroom, I became excited.  There have been cons ALL OVER, but never in my town.  Denver always seems to be the last to get anything (feel the self-pity?), so there's no way I was going to pass this one up.  I bought tickets almost immediately.

And then I found out it was the same weekend as Denver Pride Fest. D'OH!

But who am I kidding?  I have been to more PideFests than I can count, and if I'm really going through withdraws on Sunday, Civic Center is barely a half mile away.  Forget it!

I'm going to Denver Comic Con!

I figured that I'd document the experience.  Why not?  It's Denver's first con and it's only my second after going to ComicCon International in San Diego last July. Sure I've been to StarCons and StarFests in the past, but this is really the first Comic-centered one.  Since those are the focus of everything I do here, I'm obliged to at least mention it, right?  Right!  Expect to see more.

So DCC2012 will get it's fair share here.  I'm excited about the guests (even though some of my "must sees" have canceled), excited about the artists and especially excited about the cosplayers.  I haven't done the whole dress-up thing since I was a "blue shirt" at StarCon in high school, but I'm dying to do it again.  My new Fanboy friend Rafa has been my inspiration.  Maybe next year.  Until then, I can snap lots of pics.

And who can pass up the SuperBigBlueBear?  I hope they have the real one dressed up too.

Later skaters.  I'm off to the Convention Center.

photo courtesy of facebook.com/DenverComicCon




No comments: